TTI Student Tops East Africa in KASNEB Exams

Karumo – In Karumo, the Technical Training Institute has achieved a remarkable milestone by producing the top student in the Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examinations Board (KASNEB) exams across East Africa. This achievement follows the institution’s recognition as the best performing tertiary institution in Kenya for the 2021/2022 financial year, out of 135 institutions.

According to Kenya News Agency, the top student, Elijah Mumo, expressed both surprise and gratitude for his achievement in the Management Accounting examination, the final exam at the Diploma level 3. Mumo learned of his outstanding performance through an email invitation to an award ceremony at KCA University on November 9. He acknowledged his strength in computations, which constitute 70% of the exam, and his uncertain expectations for the theory section, accounting for the remaining 30%.

Mumo, who is currently pursuing an intermediate-level Certified Public Accountant (CPA) course at the same institute, credited his success to his strong performance in all exam sections, outshining peers from Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi, and Kenya. Collins Kirimi, Mumo’s trainer, highlighted the student’s exceptional performance in the Accounting Technician Diploma’s management accounting subject. Kirimi believes Mumo’s success will inspire more students to strive for similar achievements.

Florah Kanyua, the School Principal, shared her pride in Mumo’s accomplishment among many candidates from the five countries participating in the KASNEB exams. She attributed the institute’s success to discipline, hard work, and commitment from both learners and trainers. Kanyua noted the institution’s impressive mean score of 82% in the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) July series and emphasized the role of teamwork in achieving their educational targets. She also encouraged parents to consider such institutions for their children, regardless of their secondary school grades, as they provide opportunities for significant personal and professional development.